On seven acres in the middle of Monroe, Walton County, Georgia is the historic home of Governor Henry Dickerson McDaniel, (1883-1886). Built in 1887, following his service as Governor, the McDaniel-Tichenor House remained in the family for three generations. The McDaniel-Tichenor families significantly contributed to the social and economic growth of Monroe and the state of Georgia. During his tenure as Governor, Georgia Tech was chartered to support economic development in Georgia. His daughter, Emma Brent McDaniel married Edgar Tichenor who became the president of the Walton Cotton Mill Company in Monroe. The Walton Mill was one of the economic mainstays of Monroe and Walton County. In 1978, the house was listed on the National Register of Historic Places by Governor McDaniel’s grandson, Henry Tichenor and his wife, Emily.
Today, the property is now owned by the McDaniel-Tichenor House, Inc., a non-profit organization for historic preservation of this landmark in Walton County. It se
Wedding Venue, Special Event Venue, Wedding Reception, Historic Tours